Sunday, January 17, 2010

Coconut Oil and Cold Sores

For years now I have been plagued with cold sores. Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus and are extremely annoying. Here is a link to the American Academy of Dermatology page on the virus.

As far as I know there is no real cure for the simplex virus. There are various kinds of treatments and home remedies for the prevention of the sores and lesions. Until now I have not found one that was effective. By effective I mean stopping the sore from developing into an ugly scab. I have tried lysine tablets, ice packs and Abreva and probably a few more that I can't remember. None of these worked for me.

A few weeks ago I felt the itch of a coming sore so I rubbed coconut oil on it. The sore never got started beyond
the itch stage. That was pass one and I really wasn't sure if it was a false alarm or if the sore just went away. A couple of days ago, I felt the itch of another sore coming up. This time I was positive it was a cold sore coming. After a day of applying coconut oil to the affected area, the itch is gone and the cold sore never formed. Now I am impressed! Finally an end to that annoying itch and those ugly scabs on my face.

I used Virgin Coconut Oil. Coconut oil absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily film. Virgin Coconut Oil has a nice coconut smell which I find pleasant.

From "A New Look at Coconut Oil"  Dr. Mary Enig says:

"Some of the viruses inactivated by these lipids, in addition to HIV, are the measles virus, herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1), vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV), visna virus, and cytomegalovirus (CMV)."

So this begs the question as to "WHY HAVEN"T I HEARD OF THIS BEFORE NOW?".

I can only guess that either this doesn't work for everyone or it is just one of those things that
no one can make any money on and thus it just gets ignored.

If you try this leave me a note below and let me know if it works for you.

1 comment:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr Oyagu for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address:Oyguspellcaster@gmail.com or wahtsapp +2348101755322 thank you.....

    ReplyDelete